Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carbon Monoxide Recomendation

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 07 at 10:59

We get our gas log set installed tomorrow and while we plan on leaving the damper partially or fully open, better safe than sorry. I see kidde makes a simple looking $20 alarm and a $50 alarm with an actualy CO2 readout. Anyone care to reccomend a brand or have any advice on where to put the alarm? How about a fire extinguisher recomedation?

How concerned should I be about having stuff on the mantel. Its about a foot to where the wood molding starts and anbout 18 inches to the top of the mantle where we set stuff. I'd expect the log set mnanual to have reccomendations but any advice is appreciated?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carbon Monoxide Recomendation

I have 2 First Alert CO detectors I purchased at Sam's Club. Nice units have a peak level display, and bargraph display and also show battery level. For fire extinguiher recomendation get a fairly good sized ABC rated extinguisher. ABC rating takes care of everthing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here