Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Brick Oven

Posted by phillycook (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 07 at 9:47

Does anyone here have any experience in building an outdoor brick pizza/bread oven?

I think I'd like to give it a try and was hoping that I might garner the benefit of the experience of those who have built one.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Brick Oven

If you dont get help from this forum, you might try chowhound.com, a gathering place for people who love to eat.

o

Never thought of trying Chowhound. I'm familiar with eGullet so, I'll try there as well.
Thanks,
Sam

o

Sam,

I've thought about it too but haven't been able to pull the trigger yet because I have too many other projects going on but I got a lot of information from the site I have linked to below. If you click on the link at the top of the page to their user forum you will find many people who have done or are building outdoor ovens.

Also, when I want to find information about something along these lines I like to Google phrases in quotes such as "my outdoor oven" or "our outdoor oven" You will be surprised what you find. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forno Bravo ovens

o

I have a wood-fired brick oven in my kitchen. The oven itself is from Italy, but I got it from Mugnaini Imports in California. Many people have installed the same oven in an outdoor patio setting, I just happened to have room to install it indoors, where I can use it year-round.

If you go to the Mugnaini website linked below, you can see photos of many, many outdoor ovens.

You might also want to check out a book available from Amazon called "The Bread Builders: Hearth Loaves and Masonry Ovens" by Daniel Wing and Alan Scott. There's a whole wealth of info available in their book. Copy and paste the following link into your browser:

http://www.amazon.com/Bread-Builders-Hearth-Loaves-Masonry/dp/1890132055/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197614023&sr=1-1

Here is a link that might be useful: Mugnaini Residential Ovens Gallery

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here