Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwsland

Marco fireplace problems.

jwsland
13 years ago

Hello, I recently moved into my girlfriends house which has a Marco fireplace model number 792778d. We enjoy using it, unfortunately we aren't getting any heating benefit from it . The fireplace has a blower on it installed with an on off switch, no thermostat. It hardly blows any air at all when on. I just kicks some annoying ash around. Every different option on this fireplace is pretty much useless. Open doors give off some heat but once the fire is out, or dying down then all our heat goes with it, up the flu. When we close the doors and turn the blower on the logs burn noticeably longer but the blower isn't pushing the heat out. There is a lever on the side which allows outside air to be drawn into the back area where the air should be moving from the fans vs. using only inside air, we can't tell the difference between open or closed. I have taken the front apart and checked the fans, they seem to be working just fine. They blow strong when I put my hand infront of them. I had no luck when googling this issue. Marco fireplaces has gone out of business. Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz