Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

Harman Accentra warranty- Not mine!! Also BlazeKing question. Tha

ilmbg
16 years ago

I read some older posts about Harman Accentra warranties- one person said there was a 3 year electrical/mechanical/labor, and a parts/workmanship for 6 years. I bought an Accentra September 24, 2003. Last year, November 2, 2006, I was having problems- not lighting,5 blinks. I bought the stove from a dealer in Casper, Wyoming-4 hours away.The closest place to get one. The stove had been used about 2 monthspart of October, part of November 2003. Since then, it had not been used because I go to Texas in the winter. So last year I stayed home in the winter. Even though the stove had been used only a couple months, the dealer would help in any way- I asked if she would contact the manufacturer and let them know of the situation. She said they said no. I was not told about the 6 year part. Last nite and tonite I had to try twice to get it going. I have followed the cleaning directions explicently, but have not heard about cleaning'behind the panels'. Someone mentioned that their dealer faxed them a copy of how to do it- it is not in the book. Anyway- what would be the deal with the warranty? Maybe Harman is supposed to be the best pellet, but it does not compare to my BlazeKing Queen!(1984 model) I would have that back in a hearbeat if I could still cut wood. I use this for my only heat- when I finally get to build in Texas, I will have a BlazeKing for backup heat. I have heard that the newer BlazeKings are not as good as the older ones- what do you think?

Comments (4)