Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deciding on a Wallmount for master bedroom

Posted by natorock (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 21:09

Hello,

We are building a new house. Out master bedroom is on the small side, so I feel a wall mounted fireplace is a good option to keep floorspace available. I looked at some today, they were Regency. And I am shocked at the price! The guy told me it would be about $3500.00 all said and done WOW. So then I started to look into other options, and found the "illuminations electric fireplace" It is also wall mounted, but has candles in it that apparently look real.

Does anyone know about the cost of these? Or about how real they look? The last thing I want is something really cheap looking, I'd rather have nothing then that.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deciding on a Wallmount for master bedroom

You might consider a wall mounted gas stove. They come in all sizes and styles. Some are very pretty. I think some are designed to work with either natural or propane gas.

In any case, don't buy a unit unless you have actually seen it lit up.

o
RE: Deciding on a Wallmount for master bedroom

A bit late to chime in but you should check out lagunawaterworks.com. I don't know if you have thought or heard of biofuel fireplaces. I purchased one for the house we recently sold(building now). They offer floor and wall mount. They are really cool I think and you don't have to run a gas or electric for them.(The issue with our old house) You can also purchase the biofuel from them. My double sided(see through) would burn for about 3 hours on about 16oz of fuel. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here