Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOVE my new electric fireplace

Posted by jillsee (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 18:21

I have been looking at electric fireplaces for YEARS but they always looked so cheap and cheesy.
Well, just saw a beautiful corner one at Lowes that looked very similar to high end gas ones. It has an adjustable thermostat, different flame settings (high/low, blue background flames) and a timer.

DH just set up in our bedroom and it exceeded my expectations.
The mantle is a beautiful dark cherry color, and is very solid.
What I like the most about it is you can adjust the heat setting,and even turn off the heat and have it lit for ambience factor.

Anyway, thought this might help others that have been looking at electric.
It actually has LED lights. It said on the description it should help cut electric bills...guessing it's if you kinda use it like a space heater, rather than turn on your heating for the entire house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allen and Roth fireplace

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOVE my new electric fireplace

That's beautiful. I've been looking at them for a while, too, or trying to anyway. Nobody in my area has a good selection where you can go and look in person, and you really can't tell much looking on the internet.

We're going to build ours into a custom surround. I'm mostly interested in the realistic appearance of a fire, not the auxiliary heat or air cleaner, etc. I would like the crackling sound. Any recommendations?

o

Jillsee,
Which Allen & Roth fireplace is this? I looked on the Lowes site and wasn't sure which one you purchased. Would you mind sending me the model number? I'm wanting one for my bedroom.

o

Just putting the finishing touches on my new electric fireplace surround. I ended up buying the
Classic Flame 33" insert. It is AMAZINGLY realistic. Makes me warm just to look at it. I has auxiliary heat, but I'll never use it unless our heat were to go out. It would be the equivalent of heating the room with a hair dryer.

It is the perfect focal point to our great room. I cut out the drywall and recessed it into the wall, then built a custom surround/hearth and finished it with travertine. All I lack is sealing and grouting the stone. One more project finished. Sigh.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here