Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brick fireplace covering

Posted by ctully (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 27, 10 at 17:12

Hi All,

I have dismantled an 80's style corner brick fireplace down to just the brick surrounding the firebox and hearth. I am looking for a covering for the brick that will allow me to update the look but not break the bank. I will need something that is non-combustible as it is in close proximity to a wood fireplace.

I have found an interesting stucco product from Durock but it seems like a bit of a speciality item that may be difficult to use. I prefer not to use tiles but rather something very non-descript so the fireplace blends into the room. Anyone have any suggestions for products/process to cover the fireplace brick surround?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brick fireplace covering

You might consider sheet metal that has been painted black matte finish using a powder coating technique. If done right, it would resemble black cast iron which is often used in fireplace surrounds, but is probably more costly than you want to spend. You would need to hire someone to fabricate it for you. I think the black gives a distinctive look that blends nicely with almost any decor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here