Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wood stove in kitchen

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 17:10

I am planning to remodel my kitchen/dining room and would like to include a wood stove in the corner. I want a really small jotul type stove with the glass door. It's a two story house, but the upstairs is unfinished so it would be easy to take the chimney straight through to the roof. (I'm hoping this would also heat the house, not the outside.)

It's an L-shaped room, with about 23' x 23' on the longest parts. Mainly want the wood stove to provide heat and be able to boil water on top when power goes out. (Obviously, this means I want room on top for a kettle). Thank you for any input or better yet, pictures :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wood stove in kitchen

I came here looking for the same thing. I hope someone answers you.

o

Look here!!http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/oldhouse/msg0800111026429.html?10

Here is a link that might be useful: link from old house forum!

o

I would suggest looking at either a Pacific Energy Alderlea T4 or a Napoleon 1150. The Alderlea is a steel/cast iron hybrid which combines the best features of both materials and would look closer to the Jotul cast iron aesthetic. But, the Napoleon is a well designed stove with some cookstove features although no oven. It may fit in better in the kitchen but would be a bit more expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Alderlea T4

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here