Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you add a fireplace to your bedroom?

Posted by bichonlover3 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 14, 08 at 16:30

I am doing my bedroom in a tuscan style and wanted to add a fireplace. Is it a heap of trouble to add a gas fireplace(I have one in livingroom next door)? Suggestions? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you add a fireplace to your bedroom?

Just make sure you get something with direct vent technology, because it's the only one that does not have any effects on indoor air quality. The codes in many towns disallow gas fireplaces that are ventless in sleeping rooms because they are not safe -- there could be a build up of carbon monoxide. And the vented gas fireplaces are not energy efficient -- most of the heat just goes up the chimney. so direct vent is the way to go.

How complicated the installation will be depends on your particular situation -- room size, whether you use an interior or exterior wall, and probably other factors that can only be sorted by a technically qualified installer. Make sure you hire one with good credentials.

o

I wish I can. I wouldn't do gas though. Not only becuase its not available on my street but because I prefer not to pay companies for energy. PLUS power goes out and fireplace is pointless. Just Not the same.

o

Hi bichonlover,

Just found this post and am wondering if you ever did your fireplace. I am trying to do Tuscan as well and need ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here