Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faded Brick Hearth

Posted by arapaho (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 07 at 11:26

This may sound crazy, but I am wondering if I can use polyurethene on a brick hearth that is faded. I would only do it on the part that extends into the room and outside of the actual fireplace so it would be away from the fire. The brick is faded and whitish, but when I tried a test spot it actually brought back the true brick color. I really don't know of any other way to restore the brick. To tear it out and replace it would be a big job. The brick is flush with the hardwood floor so I couldn't put something over the top of it. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here