Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lopi Pellet Stoves

Posted by abruce (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 07 at 8:24

I am considering the purchase of a Pellet Stove. My local dealer (Waynesville NC) recommends a Lopi. Are there any websites out there that compare the various stoves - and do any of you have experience with this manufacturer?
Al

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lopi Pellet Stoves

It depends on whether you are going for a free standing or an insert. The Lopi is a good stove, but I would prefer the Quadra-fire. It also depends on how much square footage you wish to heat. We just installed an Austroflamm that replaces our Lopi Foxfire that was 10 years old. The Foxfire was working fine, but we needed more heat and I was really tired of cleaning the darn thing. The Austroflamm is awesome and is self cleaning. However it is a little pricy. We did look at the Lopi Yankee Bay but was a little to small for our needs.

o

Travis the parent company of Lopi is a solid leader. I have an Avalon, a sister stove. I would highly recommend them, you will fond little negative about the stoves on the net, sorry.

o

Travis industries made a great stove in the Foxfire, but technology had passed it up. Now they are only making two pellet inserts and the quality is not what the foxfire was. As one example, We had problems with the pellet pots burning though. We were on our fourth one when we replaced the stove. That got a little expensive. Travis is still using the same metal pots in their inserts. Austroflamm and Quadra-fire use very heavy cast iron pots. After looking at a large variety of inserts we decided on the Austroflamm. Our second choice was the Quadra-fire. If you have a dealer for either of these units in your vicinity check them out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here