Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamaraz_gw

working with a full brick wall fireplace

jamaraz
14 years ago

Hi. I have a full brick wall fireplace with a full wall hearth. The room is approximately 14 x 20 and I have 8 foot ceilings. I had planned on sheetrocking over the brick and removing the hearth. I was going to cover the wall with wood bookcases and a wood/marble mantle with footings that go to the ceiling. It would all be incorporated into one wall unit. I was happy with the idea until I realized that it is going to cost me over 10 thousand dollars. I am currently redoing my kitchen and I fell in love with the look of a subway tile backsplash. It occured me that the brick of the fireplace mimicked the look of the tile. My question is what can I do to work within the confines of the brick wall. I don't mind the color of the bricks I just hate the hearth because I have no real place to put my tv. Right now my tv sits on top of the hearth and it is just ridiculous. Because the room is rectangular, the fireplace wall is the best place to put the tv. Any ideas on how to update this look? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions