Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
purchasing pellet stove

Posted by rachelandtony (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 5, 09 at 21:29

looking for advice on which pellet stove to buy.... most reliable auger, best warranty, most efficient for heating 1800 sqft

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: purchasing pellet stove

Harman is supposed to be the 'best'- computer run. I have the Accentra which is very nice. If you have asthma, be careful about the blowers- there are three blowers in each stove- causing any problems with asthma. I am selling mine due to this.

o
RE: purchasing pellet stove

depending on where you are (if anthracite is available) you should look into an anthracite automatic stoker coal stove, usually less than half the cost per BTU of pellets, coal takes up less space for storage, and it can be stored outside with no damage should it get wet (pellets will be destroyed if they get wet). Coal stoves are generally less maintinance as well. Anthracite coal is all-american produced right in north east pennsylvania and is much less subject to seasonal and other price jumps/fluctuations than pellets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here