Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amav31

How easy is it to circulate Heat coming from a pellet stove

amav31
17 years ago

Hello

We are planning to buy a Pellet stove Harman Pro38(manual)

for our house which is currently being heated by Electric heat. We already have a Vermont Castings pellet stove left behind by the previous owners that does not work.In fact VC does not make them or support these anymore.

Anyway, this pellet stove is located in the den(an addition) that is in the far end of my split entry house.

My main concern is how efficient are these stoves to heat up the entire 1400sq ft of our first level. My bedrooms are in a corridor and it is hard for me to understand how the heat will move from one far corner of the house(south west) to the Bedrooms on the other side(north east). If the heat does not travel that far, then the area to heat will be less than 1400sqft.

I heard that wood stoves are warmer than pellet stoves which may fell more drafty.Is that true.? And also this particular model of Harman is not cast iron. How bad is that.? We want to use the stove all day long during the bad winter months Dec-Feb as a main source of heat atleast in the living room ,kitchen and den. I have a feeling the bedrooms need to be heated up using our regular electric radient heat.

any input is much appreciated.

Comments (3)