Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Way to upgrade existing Heat N Glo fireplace?

Posted by docno (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 18:39

I have a Heat N Glo model model SL-750TR-D. It came with my house. It's obviously the cheapest fireplace they could find - and it looks like it :(

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade the fireplace log set and maybe burner without having to swap out the entire unit?

Then again, there seem to be many better brands of fireplaces out there so maybe it would be worth the hassle/expense of completely changing it out. It's just that it's six years old and seems a complete waste to just toss entirely. I wish I would have had an opportunity to pick something better - or at least known at the time that there were much better options out their...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Way to upgrade existing Heat N Glo fireplace?

Hi, I have the same question as you. Did you upgrade or buy another brand? If so did you keep the logs? We were stupid enough to choose the sl750tr when building. We had a wood fireplace and I did not realize how expensive a gas fireplace was, we were over budget on the build and went with this model. Sorry ever since. It does work, but the flame is so low you cannot see it, in addition the screen is so dark you cannot see the logs! It is like a black box on or off. Had someone look at it, but the flame is as high as it can go. In addition I want a brick looking box behind the logs, if we can ever see inside.

o
RE: Way to upgrade existing Heat N Glo fireplace?

Hi, I have the same question as you. Did you upgrade or buy another brand? If so did you keep the logs? We were stupid enough to choose the sl750tr when building. We had a wood fireplace and I did not realize how expensive a gas fireplace was, we were over budget on the build and went with this model. Sorry ever since. It does work, but the flame is so low you cannot see it, in addition the screen is so dark you cannot see the logs! It is like a black box on or off. Had someone look at it, but the flame is as high as it can go. In addition I want a brick looking box behind the logs, if we can ever see inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here