Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nosleep_gw

Fireplace One Piece Glass Replacement

nosleep
12 years ago

Hi,

I just got a house with fireplace glass gone. The last owner told me that I just need to replace with a piece of tempered glass. The frame has a metal frame with 4 metal taps in the back that just looks a picture frame. The one big piece of glass (26" x 26" about 1/4" thick I am guessing) goes in the frame and I guess you fold the 4 metal taps to hold the glass in place.

When I took it to the glass place, the people there told me that there could be something that is between the glass and the metal so it won't rattle. They also worry about thermal expansion of the glass if I just put the exact piece in there. I have a very difficult time asking people and searching the internet to verify if there is something typically between the glass and the metal frame. Can someone in the forum help me with this? Will it work with just putting the exact piece of glass like the glass in a picture frame and clamp down the 4 metal taps in the back of it? Is there a type of material that can handle the heat and make the glass stay better in place? Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm