Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you repaint your glass ddor set.

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 07 at 14:53

We have a 20 year old antique bronze glass door set. Can it be repainted (perhaps with the Rustoleum black High Heat paint) and if so are there any safety issues? Also, can the sides of it be insulated to eliminate drafts...maybe even the top and bottom.

We will be using a gas log set in the future and plan to open the doors when running.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you repaint your glass ddor set.

Rustoleum high heat paint sounds good, as long as it says it is for gas/charcoal grill apps. The box stores also have high heat spray paints in the wood stove section, as well as other paint for gas/charcoal grills.

o

Ha! I finally did this. It came out looking quite nice. We were unsure of the black so we figured we'd paint our old door set and see what it looked like then buy a new set. Well this one came out quite nice...all black but we left the doors bronze....it may even be a keeper. Now, can I add some sort of insulation to this...in the sides perhaps...

o

Andre:

You need both a new heat pump and a new fireplace insert.

Happy New Year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here