Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryanfuller

hearthatone wood stoves factory defects in material and service

RyanFuller
10 years ago

I recently purchased a hearthstone homestead wood stove. At the time of the 3rd use 2 side tiles broke and may now allow carbon monoxide gas to pass through the stove. I called the dealer and the factory for a month without a single solution offered other than "pay freight, package and ship your stove to us [ 3,000 miles away ] and well take a look at it" approach. If their are other consumers out there that have purchased a hearthstone homestead or similar product and have also found the factory unreasonable and unable to stand behind their product I would like to hear from you. These 2 broken tiles are at the bottom of the stove. The cracks on one side are severe. Do any of the know of a good product that could be used to seal this defective device so I can still heat my home safely this winter? Other issues with the install from Country Homes Power is Spokane Washington include, 40 minute burn times [ the factory states this is due to an overdraft issue] This is a hearth mounted stove and I would love to purchase a stove that will not only heat my home but do so in safe and efficient manor. Any suggestions? The heat out put of the hearthstone stove is no where near that of which is advertised.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths