Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a 'Expert'

Posted by drtomato (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 13:44

I have a question I can't seem to get answered. I have a Regency medium insert that's about 10 year old (good unit). It is about time to replace the fire brick (2"x4"x6") that lines the firebox. Here's the question "can I replace the firebrick with soapstone? And, if so, where do I find it since I'll have to get it costom cut to replace all the brick? I burn about 4 or 5 face cords per year.

Thanks in advance. Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a 'Expert'

Far from an expert here Dan but I was reading some info on this page and it may help. Scroll down to the "Product and Custom Inquiries" link and you can ask them too if you don't get an answer on this forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.greenmountainsoapstone.com/about_soapstone.html

o
RE: Need a 'Expert'

Or go over to hearth.com where the actual experts are. They will tell you straight up whether or not you can do this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hearth.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here