Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fireplace insert VC Montpelier

Posted by bari7230 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 22, 11 at 13:15

Hello,
Asking for some suggestions and comments,
After looking at many inserts with all the options I finally ordered a Vermont Casting insert Montpelier type.
I may have overlooked at one major option, Fresh Air option, creating an 4" fresh air flow to the insert.
Other inserts have it, the Montpelier don�t (correct me if I�m wrong), I was sure it has it because all other inserts I was reading about have this option.
I was reading the manual over and over and I can�t find this option.
Where exactly the Montpelier takes the fresh air, or maybe from multiple locations, inside the fireplace, and from the room, please advice.
What are my option, what modifications I can do so that fresh air will get to the unit and not taking the room air.
Thanks for your help in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fireplace insert VC Montpelier

Not sure if you are still active here, but how has it gone with your insert?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here