Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lopi top loading woodstove

Posted by kayerd (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 12:44

I am seriously thinking about buying a Lopi Lyden wood stove. Anyone have any experience with this stove? I read bad reviews about the company and am leary.
Kaye in Vermont

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lopi top loading woodstove

I purchased a Lopi Revere last year and burned 24*7 from October to March last/this year. Didn't have a single problem with it, aside from normal newbie wood burning mistakes.

I've also never heard a bad thing about the company, nor a bad thing from other stove owners.

So you know, I believe the proper spelling is Leyden.

Also, check your PM, I'll send you a link to check out for reviews.

Sean

o

Personally I think that's a very nice stove, top loading is a nice feature.

o

I'm on my second lopi. Wouldn't have it any other way. Either stove performed(s) well. No moving parts on wood stoves, how can any mfg mess that up?
They are pretty stout. I had an answer that burned for 9 years . It was used as an insert to a zero-clearance box fireplace. I am on the third year for my liberty free stander. No issues.

Peace

o

What have you heard that's negative? They make a good product and have been around long enough to back up their stoves.

o

I goofed!
I bought a Lopi Leyden (thanks "dunadan") on October 10th and never came back to the site. Thank you for your answers.
I read the bad reviews of the manufacturer on hearth.com.
I'd like your help again, but this time, I know how a blog works and I'll check back often.
I'm getting a lot of creosole in my overnight burns. I'm wondering if I should leave the air control pulled out a little.
For twenty years I had an Upland and it was anything but airtight. So this stove is a bit of a mystery to me. Any help will be apreaciated.
Thanks,
Kaye in Vermont

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here