Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybug_3777

gas fireplace - burners go out after 5-10 mins

ladybug_3777
18 years ago

I recently purchased a home that has a gas fireplace. the previous owners installed the fireplace less than 1 year ago. They turn off the gas lines during the summer so that the line runs to the pool heater. We turned the gas lines back on and bled out all the air. (it took quite a while). eventually we were able to get the gas flowing and got the pilot to light. the pilot stays on just fine. However when we light the burners we have trouble. The burners light up just fine.... but then they run for about 5-10 mins and then they turn off and the pilot light also turns off with them. (The fireplace does not have an automatic tempature shut off. It should say on until I manually turn it off.)

i found that when i first light it the burners stay lit for maybe 15-20 mins. after it goes out and i attempt to relight it the burners will only stay lit for about 5 mins. Seems to decrease in time with use.

i have called around some service places and its pretty expensive just to get them to look at it (around $100). I'm wondering if anyone has some advice of things I can try before the last resort service call.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler