Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nearzealot

mice in air intake

nearzealot
10 years ago

Hello All,

I have a Hearthstone Craftsbury wood stove. This summer we had a pile of mice in the house (we caught 13 in our live trap and let em out in the field far away). They were rustling around in the back of the wood stove, where there is a 3-4 inch D-shaped hole into an opening going along the bottom of the back of the stove. I am assuming this is for air exchange but I do not know for sure. I did not learn anything from the manual. I have vacuumed out all visible debris, but I don't know where this channel along the back goes. Does anyone have any knowledge of these stoves? I think it may be connected to the intake adjuster lever, which I also have never figured out. When I asked at the fireplace store about what this lever opens and closes and where that might be, the guy said "You must be an engineer or something. Wanting to know everything about how things work!" No, I just want to know how my STOVE works so I know how to best use it. Thanks in advance for any help or experience you have. I can post some pics if I can figure it out.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH