Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacing gas space heater with gas stove

Posted by balnh (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 9:39

Originally posted in hvac figured I would try here. Have a space heater in basement. Original to house built in 61. My question is this vent set up in picture adequate/correct for a newer gas stove. The vent all the way to right in pic is the space heater. Middle is hot water heater an furnace is all the way to left. The flue goes up through middle of house. Also furnace draws air from basement would another b vent appliance in basement create to much pressure ? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacing gas space heater with gas stove

Current gas heater is exhaust only. There is no fresh air intake thru pipe. That is, it's not a double wall air in/exh out. All newer sealed combustion, gas fireplaces are double wall pipes. You say gas stove which I mean to think means gas heater. I used to work at a company that made corn stoves. Stove in my world is a cooking appliance. Never did like the term stove for heater.

o

Yes that's what I meant. I guess what I'm really asking, if I can get my hands on an old stock or slightly used b vent gas heater can I drop it in same place. Venting and gas hook up are there. The layout of the basement really does not permit a direct vent. Thanks for replying

o

Yes I noticed the replies at this website are few and far in between. I have not been at corn co for 5 yrs now. I recalled a bit of work with vendors trying to produce vent pipe for our stoves. Did a bit of illustration layout on venting issues. X feet of horiz run and y feet of vertical run. Putting a vented appliance on interior wall is not preferred.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here