Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
morcor_gw

Gold Marc coal/wood stove

morcor
15 years ago

I AM LOOKING FOR AN OWNER'S MANUAL FOR A GOLD MARC 1980 COAL/WOOD STOVE, "INDEPENDENCE" MODEL.

Comments (3)

• dann757
    15 years ago

Hello! Please let me know if you find one, I have a 1980 "Monticello" model. I would love to see pics of your stove. I haven't been able to find any info - a search for gold marc industries turns up a computer company in Monticello, NY!
    Dan

• gamalot
    15 years ago

I live just outside of Monticello, NY and will probably buy a Monticello/Goldmarc stove tonight.
    I currently have a Russo coal stove heating my upstairs living area and a Crane "Coal Cooker" getting rebuilt to heat the basement area.
    I have seen many Goldmarc stoves around here and like them very much.
    I am not yet an expert on these stoves but will be happy to share what I do learn. Most of the stoves I know of locally are large and much to big for living space heating. I typically spot them in older places of business such as car dealerships and bus garages where they heat the large open spaces.
    I think there was a few smaller models and will report back on my findings this evening. I do know of one of the guys who worked for Marc Gold and will try to make contact with him and pick his brain.

Too bad there is little info available for these nice stoves. I would love to get photos of all the ones we can find and post them here. Some details about size might also be usefull.

To the best of my knowledge so far, the place was a steel supplier and they also made some very nice wood, coal and combo stoves for market. A few different size stoves exist but most that I have found tend to be rather large for heating wide open spaces.

Replacment parts might be another story but we can work on this.

Nice to be here among others who enjoy the adventures of heating with coal and researching the stoves.

Gary

• Marci Pursley
    3 years ago

I have a gold Marc, here's a pic, thinking of selling