Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pdog_gw

Best place to purchase an insert from?

pdog
13 years ago

My wife and I are finally biting the bullet after going back and forth the past couple of years. The house we bought has a wood burning fireplace and an old (not sure model name or number) insert that we use every year. Heats the room nicely, but doesn't have a blower and the doors to load it are very small. We don't need it to heat the entire house (1800 sf), but I wouldn't mind if it did at least warm it up a little more than what we have now. We decided now was the time, take advantage of the tax credit.

Not exactly sure how to measure our fireplace since it has an insert in it already. We have seen a couple of models we like, along with the recommendations on this board. What we were wondering is what do you guys find the best way to purchase, have an installer come out, measure and inspect and then give a price, or do you generally go to a dealer to purchase and they recommend an installer? I would prefer to have someone come out so it is measured correctly. I know online sales can save a lot of money too, not sure how many installers would be willing to install a unit they did not supply.

Comments (2)