Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
see-thru or 2 sided direct vent gas fireplace

Posted by dodge1959 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 13, 09 at 23:29

Hello everybody, we are in the process of remodeling the master bed & bath--some of you may have seen my post on Master Bath Design. I'm looking for a 2 sided direct vent gas fireplace. In our family room we have a Valour Direct Vent, and luv it,--heats the whole downstairs. Unfortunately they do not make a see-thru fireplace.
The things we liked about the Valour is the continously adjustable flame--using the remote, all the way from a bare flicker to a roaring fire. So far I can not find any 2-sided fireplaces that offer this feature--most might be adjustable from 100% down to about 80% (if that much).
It would be nice to lie in bed and adjust the flame.
Thanks!!

Gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: see-thru or 2 sided direct vent gas fireplace

Hi -

You might try "Smoky Mountain Emporium General Store"

Located at: http://www.smgeneralstore.com/fireplace-gas-logs-woodburning-fireplace.aspx

They deal with lots of fireplace stuff. I have purchased from them. Nice guys. They were very helpful to me. Except for being a customer, and getting some help from the owner - I have nothing to do with them. (no profit, not a shill).

Bye. Hope this helps.

Dave

o

Check out the 864TRV ST from Firplace Xtrodinair. Their products are amazing.
THe website is fireplacex.com. If you look at the brochure and keep scrolling down you will come to the specs on the unit.
Their stuff is more expensive than Napoleon's Fireplaces, but in my opinion, a much better looking product.

o

Thanks for the inputs. I had a contractor over for a quote on redoing the bathroom. He said that the wall I wanted to use that connects the masterbedroom to the masterbath was
probably being used for the AC/Heater ducting to the 2nd floor.
So after he left, I got a ladder and looked into the attic.
Sure nuff, Huge ducting vents coming up from floor below.
So back to Square 1 as far as locating a fireplace in the master bedroom, but most likely wont be a "See Thru"
Thanks anyways!!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here