Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pellet -fueled furnace

Posted by folkman (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 21:02

Hi,
I've found these forums very helpful for other tasks around the house. I read an article about pellet stoves and am very interested. I have a small house with lots of walls so no easy way to distribute the heat.

I was thinking of a pellet fueled furnace to sit in the basement next to the oil one. Does anyone have experience with this? I assume the heat connects to the ducts from the oil furnace and would get around the house better?

Any advice or brands that people like would help.I'm in MA and finding it hard to find a dealer in these.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pellet -fueled furnace

You need to go the the site hearth.com you will learn all you need to know there in the corn and pellet mill.

o
RE: Pellet -fueled furnace

I know Harman makes one.

o
RE: pellet stove insert vent pipe

I just bought a Harmon pellet stove insert and am waiting delivery. The dealer said that I need a double walled stainless steel vent pipe for the height of my chimney (about 25 ft.) for an additional $600.00. Why do I need a vent pipe for a chimney thats in good shape? If so, does it have to be the full height? and does it have to be stainless steel?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here