Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fireplace lighting

Posted by beezbaby (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 05 at 13:11

My GC left no area to put lighting onto my downstairs fireplace. The heating (mechanicals) are above the area so I need to come up with some other form of lights to shine onto the fireplace. Any thoughts or great lighting sites?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fireplace lighting

Maybe recessed pocket lights in the ceiling above and a dimmer switch controler ... you may want to look at the lighting fixtures at your local Home Depot or Lowes for other ideas.

o
RE: fireplace lighting

Here is a link to a picture of Andy Garcia's living room in Miami. He has a fireplace with 2 monkey sconces on either side:
http://sisalnet.com/mag/Andy Garcia NYTimes.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/27/garden/27garcia.html?ex=1186632000&en=e88b84e0f6a142d9&ei=5070

The lighting site: www.sisalnet.com
Hope it helps you....David

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace sconces of famous people

o
RE: fireplace lighting followup

A better link to "fireplace sconces of famous people." listed above

Here is a link that might be useful: fireplace sconces of famous people 2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here