Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fireplace Insert in Pre Fab fireplace

Posted by ryanm51981 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 9:03

Im in the market for a wood insert inside my fireplace. My fireplace has a heatilator and the dimensions are a little on the small side. Ive been looking at the Regency CI1200 insert which I know will fit however I wanna make sure Ive explored all my options before I pull the trigger on that one. My dimensions are roughly:
21" height
17.5" Depth however probably could squeeze out another half inch
35" Width.
I like the regency unit alot however I feel as if Im not utiluzing the space as best as i can.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fireplace Insert in Pre Fab fireplace

What do you mean by "not utilizing the space"?

Do you think the insert is too small? It heats 1,000 sq ft. Is that not enough?

I have a Regency F1100 freestanding stove and I use it as my main heat source here in Vermont.

Bigger is NOT better when it comes to wood heat.

o

No I mean that the opening on my fireplace is much larger then the actual insert is.

o

No I mean that the opening on my fireplace is much larger then the actual insert is.

o

They always are. What the installer will do is place panels around the unit to cover the opening. When you look at the website, you'll see three panels surrounding the unit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Regency-fire

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here