Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ntl1991

Missing Glass Door Mounting Hardware

ntl1991
13 years ago

Hello. After having the chimney sweep clean and inspect my chimney last week, I've been working on getting my fireplace ready for use this winter. For the past two years, I've been using a wrought iron fireplace screen in place of the dirty brass glass fireplace doors that were in the house when I bought it. I've decided to polish the brass up and it looks as good as new. I want to put the brass doors back on. BUT, when I removed the doors, I think I misplaced the mounting hardware. I still have the two top brackets that attach to the back of the doors, which are flat, and about 4" long. Well, apparently after doing some research, there should have also been two more smaller 90 degree brackets that attach to the long bracket which holds a long thumbscrew which in turn holds the doors against the fireplace lintel. I am missing the thumbscrews and the brackets which the thumbscrews screw into. Is it possible to purchase just these two brackets ans screws, or will I have to figure out a new way to secure these fireplace doors?

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions