Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ideamom_gw

Fireplace pictures anyone?

ideamom
17 years ago

I am in the planning stages of building a new home and would love to see photos of fireplaces. I don't see a Gallery of fireplaces on this section so please post your pics. Thanks

Comments (21)

• debnj3
    17 years ago

Here's my fireplace that i just did over. It was all brick and very ugly. I hope you like it!

• pamkcs
    17 years ago

debnj3 - It's beautiful! Do you have a before picture you can post?

• debnj3
    17 years ago

pamkcs- Thank you very much. The only "before" picture I could find right now is this one. This is a picture I took when I came to look at this house when I was house hunting. 16 years later I finally did it over .

• arkansaswifey
    17 years ago

debnj3 - It looks great!! How did you redo your bricks? Also, where did you get your mantle? I've been looking for something similar to yours (not so ornate) and I'm not finding much. Are the mirrors attached to the mantle? Thanks!

• breezy_2
    17 years ago

Try Isokern or Fire Rock websites for some nice galleries.

• debnj3
    17 years ago

Arkansaswifey,

Thank you! Some previous owner removed the original fireplace and replaced it with that big brick box. There is another fireplace right behind it so I did not want to mess with removing the bricks. I screwed furring strips right on the bricks and built the surround and mantle myself. My mother's 50+ year old mirror was cut up and each of the five were framed right onto the wall above the mantle. It's hard to see but in the center of each mirror is an embossed floral design. There are signs of age in the mirror so it looks like is been there for years and that's okay since my house is 120 years old. I would love to see what the original looked like!

• garycook
    17 years ago

Well does one in progress count? I hope to have this project done next week.

{{gwi:1523174}}

• blissful_in_tx
    17 years ago

debnj3 That is quite an improvement. Looks beautiful! If you don't mind me asking- what is your hardwood flooring? (Brand, color)

• debnj3
    17 years ago

Thanks blissful. I was told that they are the original heart pine floors from when the house was built in 1886. We had them refinished recently and they came out pretty nice... squeaks and all.

• Jolly__Roger
    17 years ago

Heat n' Glo Escape
    {{gwi:1523175}}

• movingwest
    17 years ago

here is mine: in a den with a two story ceiling.
    {{gwi:1523176}}

• kareen
    17 years ago

Ours was brick but I always wanted a Victorian looking one so when we did a remodel our woodworker made this from a photo I found online.

• natesgramma
    17 years ago

Here's our DIY before and after.

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    17 years ago

Call me old fashioned...

• kev936
    17 years ago

Here is a manufactured wood burning fireplace covered with stone veneer. I was going for the true mason look. It is 36w x 28H. Heatilator Icon 36.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1523169}}

• dave287
    15 years ago

Here is a great source for fireplace pictures, link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace Pictures

• bartelsjoshuac
    15 years ago

I've got a bunch of pictures of my 70's brick to modern wallboard and steel in one of the other threads:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/firepl/msg102228513675.html?22

• raestr (z8 Central Ala)
    15 years ago

Harryshoe, where did you get your mantle? I desperately want to replace the white painted rectangle on our brick fireplace and yours looks perfect!

Thank you.

• ventura43
    15 years ago

Here's is a two way, indoor/outdoor.

• raenjapan
    15 years ago

Here is a photo of the fireplace in our old house. It isn't what I would have chosen if I'd built it myself, but it was kind of cool.

• glorybeme
    15 years ago

I am starting a fireplace design/remodel website and I am looking for before and after pictures to use on the website. Would you consider letting me use yours? You can contact me at:
    glorybeme@gmail.com

I would be willing to pay a small fee in order to use your photos for

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace Design Ideas