Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drolet wood burning fireplace insert

Posted by dagremlin (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 29, 06 at 14:33

Is anyone familiar with this insert sold by Northern Tool? If you have this type, can you please tell me how efficiently it works and what your general opinion is? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drolet wood burning fireplace insert

Drolet Escape 1400i is an Ul and EPA certified stove. If this is the model you are looking for. Almost all installed in exterior exposed fireplaces /chimneys require a full stainless stell UL 1777 aproved liner systems. The problem with mail order or Northern tools is installation they do not schedule it. Aufull hard to get warranty issues solved with a 3oo lb beast to move and ship All these factors have to be considered not just price. the Drolet is what it, is a lower cost plate steel insert, that will provide. suplemental heating In a month the big box stores will have simmilar stoves called Englanders plus sell venting material For more detailed responses you should post on Hearth.com and detail your existing fireplace flue size and setup there you will get advice from a lot of experienced users dealers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here