Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heatilator vs HeatNGlo

Posted by n757jh (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 13:55

I'm looking at either a Heatilator Novus 30" (20,000/14,000) or Heat-N-Glo SL550TR (21,000/15,000), with Intellifire (I want the battery backup for heat when the power goes out). Both are about the same size, BTU and efficiency.

I understand from past posts on this forum that these units are made by the same company.

What are the differences, then? Why should I pay more for the HeatNGlo?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heatilator vs HeatNGlo

You posted this a few weeks back, don't know if you're still out there, but...

Yes, both are owned by the same company yet both remain seperate Manufacturing facilities. It's really only paper work that binds them.

The H&G IMO, is the better unit. You will be much more pleased with it due to it's look. A better burner has gone into the 550 which will give you a more realistic flame. The one benifit on the Htltr is they are much easier to service, if it should ever have a problem (Htltr has the fewest warranty claims in the industry!!). The 550 also has a broader back side which gives a better veiw and a has a nicer log set than the Novus.

As far as the battery back up... The Novus has a standing Pilot so it does not need any voltage to start in a power outage where, as you said, the 550 you will need to add Batteries in such a case due to its IPI system. However, by not having a constant pilot burn, you save more annually on Gas than a pack of batteries would cost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here