Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsd51

Longwood Whole House HELP !!!!

jsd51
17 years ago

Hello all. I've got a Longwood brand whole house,indoor wood burning furnace that I'd like to hook up but have no knowledge of how to go about it. The unit was in the house when I purchased it but was unhooked and replaced with a gas furnace for selling purposes. I understand that Longwood has since gone out of business and therefore I'm finding it impossible to acquire information on this unit. Would anyone out there have knowledge of how to install this or perhaps have a manual for a Longwood brand furnace that I could get a copy of? The unit has a throat of about 52 inches, two blowers ( a small one and a large one) and also a gas igniter on the side. Not sure if the gas is for use as a backup furnace or merely for lighting the wood. Should any HVAC person be able to hook this up or only someone with wood burning stove experience? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to get it hooked up before winter (in Missouri) to avoid the propane bill :(

Comments (5)

• tendencies
    17 years ago

Longwood Parts and service
    201 Slack Street
    Chillicothe,Mo. 64601
    Ph. 660-646-0488
    Also, the company itself is located:
    Longwood of Ohio Inc.
    33429 State Route 26
    Rinard Mills,Oh. 45774
    might be 45734
    Ph. 740-934-2622

• jsd51
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the reply but the first ph# is no longer in service and the second ph# is now a personal residence. Do you have a Longwood manual of some sort that you got these #'s from. If so could I get a copy of it? I'd be happy to pay whatever it costs to ship or fax it. Thanks,Jeff

• berlin
    17 years ago

small world, i know the people that owned the place in chillicothe mo. the father passed away and the daughter doesn't really run it anymore, she still has a lot of parts etc. in the back. her name is lisa albin, try doing a 411 for that name in chilli, mo. you may have some luck, i don't know her current number or i would give it to you.

• jjager2
    17 years ago

Where To Find Longwood Parts Now?
    It's 19 years later, and as of 2005, Longwood has gone out of business. When the company grew and divested the furnace operation, their star salesman, Joe Dennis, carried on the parts business for many years. Following his death in 2000, his wife and daughter offered parts through their website, LongwoodFurnaceParts.com, which is now discontinued.

The family has sold off the raw materials and is looking for a buyer for the tooling. If someone restarts the business, we will post that link here.

An unrelated parts supplier, Longwood Of Ohio, is also no longer listed.

The GOOD news is that the original supplier of the MOTORIZED DAMPER DOOR can still supply you with that part. Call Norman at (718) 589-6365 or email him at equinoxmfg@aol.com.

These were all nice people and they had a great product. If you hear of renewed parts availability, please contact us so we can share that with other people who want to know. Thanks!

• jap64
    12 years ago

I can supply copies of the Longwood manual- jpatalon@ verizon.net

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022