Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Convert BBQ pit into a fireplace

Posted by kathy070858 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 13:35

Hello Folks,
I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone can give me some help. I bought this crazy old house that has this "large" BBQ in the back yard. The things so large you could cook a full size cow. I'm not much on the BBQ'ing but love an outdoor fireplace. Does anyone have any experience with this type of conversion. I've lifted the top off of the thing and instead of a full fireplace opening it has an 8" by 5' wide opening that pulls the air up into the chimney. The opening is about 2' up the wall from the bottom. I'd appreciate any help ya'll could give.

Thanks Much
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Convert BBQ pit into a fireplace

I suggest you to to hearth.com where there's a chat room of persons who think of nothing but fireplaces 24/7. They are more likely to help you than anyone on this forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here