Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firerock/Isokern firebox opinions

Posted by gapeach01 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 26, 06 at 12:45

I mentioned these in a reply a few minutes ago and thought I would put a post out there to see if I can get some opinions.

Anybody care to weigh in on the Firerock/Isokern units?

Keep in mind that I am sold on the traditional fireplace and look and am not interested in the clearly more efficient avenues available. Call me old fashioned... we just love it and have an unlimited supply of firewood.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firerock/Isokern firebox opinions

I saw these in salt lake last year (isokern) and they looked like fantastic quality units. Far superior then any metal fireplace i have seen. The cast brick work was very detailed and they offered expansive sizes. Im guessing your in GA, that might be a incorrect assumption, but these types of units are ideal for that area. The webmaster of Hearth.com was intrested in these last year, you might post over at hearth.net and get more feedback. Be shure that you mention your location, and your intent. Then it wont get out of hand like the other thread in here. FWIW, the only reason i mentioned EPA in the other thread was because of location. Hope this helped.

o

Thanks mountainstove guy and your right... GA it is (what gave me away???)

I heard about and saw the Isokern first but then saw the Fire Rock and liked it even better. There is a pretty good comparison on Fire Rock's web site and they are made right here in GA not to mention that the compressive strength of the masonry materials is more than double that of the Isokern. I know that makes them heavier but that is not an issue for me.

Thanks much for the input, it did indeed help to get your take!

o

Fire Rock has a website with many pictures and examples....both indoor and outdoor fireplaces

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire Rock Website and Fireplace Photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here