Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Proximity to electronics?

Posted by cearbhaill (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 07 at 9:06

I have a new Pacific Energy fireplace insert for burning wood located in my open floor plan basement. We are hoping it will help heat the upstairs both by simple radiation (the basement ceiling/upstairs floor is unfinished and the door at the top of the stairs remains open) and by prewarming the furnace air entering the cold air returns located near it.
My question regards determining the safe proximity of electronics to this insert- television/stereo/Tivo's and so on. How hot will it get? Can a television be right beside the fireplace?

Look closely and you can see the insert behind all that 'moving in' jumble. Can the TV stay this close?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacific Energy Insert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Proximity to electronics?

It looks kinda close to me. Measure the distance from the side of the unit to the side of the TV. Depending on the BTU output, most manufactures look for 20-24" of clearence to a combustible material.

o
RE: Proximity to electronics?

If it were my i'd move it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here