Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fireplace surround ideas needed pls!

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 0:57

We are looking for ideas for a clean, modern looking fireplace surround that is not hugely expensive. We liked a very simple dark grey stone - but fabricator priced it at $1,398 - and it is a small fireplace!

So now we are looking for tile or other ideas. We do not like the tile & grout look of the large square tiles.

Ideas would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fireplace surround ideas needed pls!

I think you should consider stone veneer for fireplace surrounding. Stone veneer looks a lot like the real thing, with styles ranging from stacked stone to river rock. And if its nicer price tag makes it an option that's hard to pass up. I am telling you this because I have the experience of selection of stone during the construction of fireplace surrounding in my sisters house. We also were confused in making choice between stone or tiles but finally we decided with stone and the choice was correct. The stone veneer really looks cool and I think you should read this blog post http://www.northstarstone.biz/blog/12-ways-to-add-beautiful-stone-veneer-to-your-home/ which will help you in this.

o

best thing is to go to Houzz.com and search for something you like.

Houzz.com

with search for fireplace surround.
http://www.houzz.com/fireplace-surround

o

we are installing small tile, I guess 3x6 on Monday and Tuesday. I will try to remember to post a picture. We have a modern looking, linear fireplace by Cozy Heat installed, just need the tile. Will be putting a mantle and a TV above it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here