Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good small gas corner fireplaces?

Posted by marysdottir (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 5, 09 at 0:31

Can anyone recommend a good small gas corner fireplace? We have very limited wall space on either side of both possible locations for our new corner gas direct vent fireplace.

There is only 26 inches of wall before a window in one corner and about 33 inches in the other corner before a window. Of course, we would prefer to put it in the smaller corner for several reasons. In the preferred corner, the window is a small high one that has about 49 inches of wall below it so the fireplace could extend slightly below that window with a flat top mantle instead of one that goes to the ceiling.

I haven't been able to find anything smaller than a 33 inch heatilator but it still extends pretty far into the room.

Can anyone suggest anything that is designed to fit tightly into a corner?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good small gas corner fireplaces?

I would do a google search of gas fireplace or direct vent gas fireplace. If that doesn't turn up anything that will work for you, contact a gas logs fireplace contractor/installer, and ask for his advice.

If, after you do your search, you do not find any fireplace that will work, consider an alternative like a cast iron stove of a soapstone stove. They are a different look, but they are very energy efficient. You might find one that makes the kind of "fashion statement" that appeals to you. Google gas stove or cast iron stove or soapstone stove. Widen your horizons. I'm sure you'll find something that will work.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here