Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodsdweller_gw

HELP! Looking to Replace Huge Prefab Fireplace

woodsdweller
15 years ago

Hi all.

New to this forum, I've been reading some of the posts and I am looking for some opinions on high efficiency fireplaces. I have a huge Icon 100 (firebox opening is 50" wide, takes 40" logs and produces an awsome open fire!) prefab unit that is only a couple of years old, but I want to replace it with one that will heat. I am considering the Napoleon High Country NZ6000, Extrordinair Elite 44, and the big Lennox / BIS model. I have also looked at the smaller Quadrafire 7100. I have a log home with an open floorplan and loft. Not a huge home, but 22 foot high ceilings in the main living area. I want a heat producer, but I don't want to be burned out 10 feet in front of the fireplace either. Size matters for appearance. I have a pretty big stone surround. I don't think a smaller unit would fill the space and look very good. I like the concept of the posi-pressure as presented by Xtrordinair. Log homes are like a living structure with continual expansion and contraction of the logs, so increasing cabin pressure to seal off drafts sounds good! Wood is not a problem. I live on 25 acres of forest. I welcome any opinions from owners or tech people. Thanks!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County