Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kozy heat csk-31 rf venting question

Posted by eric_k (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 23:22

I had a kozy heat csk-31 rf gas insert installed into an existing woodburning fireplace. It has an intake and exhaust venting, each 3" flexible ducting, similar to a clothes drier vent duct. One of the ducts wasn't long enough, so they had to extend it with another piece of metal pipe. On the off chance that it was the exhaust side they had to extend and if they only connected it with metal or aluminum tape, what is the worst case if the exhaust side comes loose a few feet from the termination cap on the chimney? I'm hoping that it just wouldn't stay lit if that's the case and nothing serious. The ducts are inside a chimney designed for wood-burning that would get much hotter, I just don't remember for sure that they put a fitting between the two metal ducts. But I do remember them taping around the two connected ducts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here