Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with fireplace remodel

Posted by JAWRIG2292 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 22:52

Can anyone suggest a good color and/or pattern to replace the tile on this fireplace? I would like to keep the oak color, but I would also consider painting the fireplace white. If I could keep the oak color, I would prefer to do that.

Thanks for any help, I am color blind so its hard for me to find good matches and I'm not very designer minded.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with fireplace remodel

Hi there!
Well, I would go with beige; I think twilight taupe or country beige would work also.
Would also fit your carpet better!

I wouldn't paint the wood - it's beautiful as is.

You could also try some fireplaces paint kits if you don't want to replace the tile (though I am not sure if it works). It worked for my brick fireplace, but for tile, don't know for sure.

Good luck! :)

o

I like the look the way it is!

o

It's a nice neutral now. You might want to add accessories to the mantel and on the floor then evaluate whether you still want to change the tile.

If you want to make the tile 'disappear', you could paint the tile black. Go to a (non-big box) paint store, like Dunn-Edwards or Sherwinn-Williams. They will be able to recommend the right paint for painting tile. I had a bright patterned Mexican tile around my fireplace that didn't work with anything in my family room. I primed and painted it (and the mantel) a neutral taupe over 20 years ago, and it still looks the same as the day I painted it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here