Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hearthstone Wood Insert - Opinons please

Posted by skivino (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 08 at 21:11

I can only find posts from 3 years ago regarding the performance of the Hearthstone wood insert, specifically the Morgan (smaller version of the Clydesdale). We are just about to purchase one but the negative opinions (from 3 years ago) have me worried. Does ANYone have experience with this insert? Any comments, good or bad, would be very helpful.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hearthstone Wood Insert - Opinons please

Try this link:http://hearth.com/ratings/all.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Ratings of wood stoves

o

Hearthstone, soapstone is best used as a stove not an insert. Gives off heat gradually, and the heat continues long after the fire is gone.

I would not recommend this as an insert. Two different animals. You don`t say what your budget will allow, but the best of the best for inserts is the Blaze King (princess insert). Keep you warm for at least 12 hours. But pricey.

A good insert heat machine is the Kodiak,the Summit from PE, and many other steel inserts. And don`t buy one without the blower. Heat can only come from one direction, hence the need of the blower.

o

We've had ours for 4 years now, and I love it. It keeps most of the bungalow warm, stays hot, burns clean and looks really great. We chose it because of performance and because it fit our small fireplace. There is also a fan that circulates air over the stove to increase heating efficiency. The stove takes 18" wood chunks, and can keep us warm even if power is out (fan does not run).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here