Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sloane529

Stove/Fireplace Help!

sloane529
12 years ago

We are remodeling a 1910 foursquare in WA state. Want fireplace (for look/feel of hearth and mantle - me)and wood-burning heat (for rare occasions when power's out - DH) in a new addition. Space is fairly small (stove will be in 200sqft room open to total 600sqft space, house is 2300sqft.). Heat pump as main heat source.

Options at this point are free standing wood stove (like Lopi Leyden - not my preference style-wise, I like the stove but not necessarily look of it free standing with stove pipe up to 8ft ceiling), wood stove in a hearth/fireplace (which may take up too much space), wood stove insert (like Lopi Republic or Hearthstone Clydesdale, but I do not like look of the black surround tiles), or something like the BIS Tradition CE. DH does not want fireplace xtrordinaire type wood burning fireplace due to concerns of inefficiency if fan's not running (when power's off) and not really needing it to heat our whole space with its positive pressure system. Is the BIS Tradition the same type thing? Any thought/recommendations appreciated. TIA!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County