Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lopi Fireplace inserts

Posted by pretzel_logic (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 18, 09 at 16:55

Does anyone have experiences with the Lopi brand? I want to put a new insert in my existing fireplace which is horribly inefficient. One of the problems I have going with a new insert is I have a brick arch above my existing opening and am having problems with the size of the surrounds for the units. I've been considering Vermont Casting, Lennox, Hearthstone, and Lopi. So far Lopi is the only one that has an arched surround, the rest are all too big and the arch would be in the way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lopi Fireplace inserts

I have a Lopi wood stove in our family room. I know nothing about fireplace inserts. As to the wood stove it is really hard to start as the firebox is to shallow that is probably wider than high. I really want to change it.

I have a great stove in my workshop. Wonderful pot belly design. You can throw a bit of paper and a couple sticks of wood and you have a fire. Not so with the Lopi you need to pray to it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here