Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me with my fireplaces

Posted by kak112208 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 14:42

I am new to this forum and really need help. We are building a new house and plan to have 2 fireplaces in the house. The first one is in a 2-story great room. I want this one to be stoned to the ceiling. My first question is how should this be framed? My contractor doesn't seem to be familiar with this so I decided to let someon certified install the actual gas fireplace and do the venting but I need him to frame it out. How far from the wall should the fireplace come and what materials should be used to make it safe. Also, the 2nd fireplace is in the MB and it is contemporary (majestic WDV500). Should this be framed in the same way if I want to stone around it? I know these are probably basic questions that have been addresed but I'm just not sure about them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here