Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
harmon p61 pellet stove

Posted by freebird77 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 07 at 8:27

Hi Just had a new Harmon p61 pellet stove installed.It has a wire with a room sensor on it, but right now the installer just left it rolled up on the floor behind the stove.Should this be extended out, possibly up along the wall for better operation? Would love to hear from any of you with a similar stove. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harman P61 pellet stove

My room probe is also coiled up behind the stove. It works great there. You probably don't want it on the floor as it tends to be cooler down there and might mislead about the actual room temp.
If you are motivated and handy you can run the probe to any point in your house using thermostat wire rules. General rule is not to put it on a floor lower than the stove is, put it about 3-5 feet off the floor, and not directly in front of where your stove blows air.
Hope this helps. Enjoy your new stove!

o
RE: harmon p61 pellet stove

I'm wondering how you like your p61, I am thinking of getting one.

o
RE: harmon p61 pellet stove

It works ok for you there? You dont think it causes the stove to run more then it should seeing its cooler down there on the floor? I havent used mine yet since it was just installed last week. Also, do you have auto ignition?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here