Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round Woodstove Sunset Magazine

Posted by Pwdrhdut (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 05 at 1:32

In a recent (last 2-3 months) Sunset Magazine there was a photo of a round woodstove. It even had wood storage in it's base. I saw it at work and now the magazine has disappeared.

If you subscribe to Sunset could you check to see if they list a manufacture for the stove? If anyone knows of a round woodstove, let me know! I did a search on Google and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round Woodstove Sunset Magazine

This was most likely an import. There are some semi-round ones from a swedish company, I believe. I have not researched this for you. "Round" could mean many things to many people, but I think I know what you are speaking of.

Try your search again, but this time for all woodstoves/wood heaters made in the world/imported. It's all about searching using the right keyword(s). The word "round" isn't going to do it.

o

Check out this site, it may have what you are looking for. There are also a couple other brands that are similar, but in researching these for awhile, this brand seems to have the most options.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rais Wittus

o

Thank you SOOO much iinsic! Not surprising, there are no dealers in Salt Lake City. May be a good excuse to head to Jackson Hole to pick one up though!

Thanks!
Scott

o

Good luck with your search. You may also wish to go to hearth.com. They have links to Morso and "Scan" stoves, which I believe are a little less pricey than the Rais.

o

I think iinsinc found what you were looking for, Pwdrhdut. On page 118 of the May 2005 issue of Sunset is a picture of a Rais stove as you described it. The article is titled "Open door policy", about a remodeling project for a home in Los Angeles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here