Return to the Fireplaces Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with Lopi woodstove

Posted by permie (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 20:54

Hi, Im new here and have a Lopi Revere insert. I've had it since 1999 and love it.

One problem: When the stove is hot (say, above 500 degrees) the bypass flue is hard to open an close (especially, close). It gets so bad that sometimes I have to tap is shut with a log. When the stove is cool, the bypass flue works smoothly.

My guess is that it could be warped when hot, but am not sure.

My question is whether it would be worth it for me to try to remove the bypass contraption and install a new one. According to the document that came with the stove, it is not easy to do. The last thing I want to do is have a stove I can't use. The store where I got it changed owners and they no longer sell or service Lopi stoves.

Any help is appreciated.

Ted

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with Lopi woodstove

Ted,
Go to www.hearth.com and ask over there. I'm sure there are plenty of Lopi owners who can help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fireplaces Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here